More progress! Feelin' smiley!


I am feeling pretty darn smiley today! Yesterday I found out where exactly I will be staying - I have an address. It looks quite lovely. It is about a 25 minute drive from the University in Richmond. Depending on what time of the day my appointments are, it could end up being a really great drive or a really crappy drive.

The home itself is in what appears to be a nice newer but established neighbourhood. I am told that there is even air conditioning - this summer is expected to be a scorcher even in Vancouver!

I am feeling so grateful and relieved. Grateful for a wonderful safe place to stay and relieved that I know where exactly I am staying (I've seen on google maps), and that I can start figuring out what I am going to need. I should be able to charge my electric car there too! It has a full kitchen and full bathroom so I can soak in the tub even. The anxiety of not having an address was really getting to me. It was hard to deal with and was clearly effecting my experience with the world.

So now, I begin planning on what I will need to pack as necessity and what I will need to pack to occupy myself while I am down there. I won't have access to a craft room stocked full of projects or friends to meet for coffee or lunch. It will be a challenge. I try to be as active as possible but am terribly limited this year due to my broken leg.

I am not sure how often I will be able to get home or how often Luke will be able to come down for the weekend to visit. This is causing me some anxiety because we haven't spent long periods of time away from each other. Two weeks has been the max.

Mainly at this point, I am anxious to get down there and settled and anxious to get started on the treatments. I am hoping that I will be able to get it done with and be able to enjoy the rest of the summer - hopefully going on a weekend trip or something with Luke when I get back. I feel like maybe I get a fresh start as a result of the treatment which is fun to think about.

Comments