Packing up and getting ready for the adventure

I have started packing and am getting ready for this adventure - TMS treatments in a far off town where I know no one. I will be in a totally foreign place, staying in a stranger's home.

I haven't slept well all week. I am pretty sure I am just anxious about what lies ahead. I leave in a few days now, and am in the throws of packing. What do I need to bring? What can I live without for a month? How much clothing do I bring? Not knowing the layout or much of anything about where I am staying except an address and google street view is hard.

Obviously I am packing my devices, laptop, bedding, towels, laundry supplies, toiletries, medications, clothing and shoes but what else am I going to need? Am I going to need a fan? Will there be wifi? Cable? Will I be able to plug in my car to charge? Will there be air conditioning? I think of all the things I take for granted at home. What do I need as a minimum fora month away? I only have so much room in my car, will I have enough room? I laugh as I am writing this thinking that I am really OCD right now. I guess because home is so far away and I can't just run and get my things, I am a little nervous. I know that I shouldn't worry because my husband will be coming out while I am down and he can bring me anything I might forget but I still worry. It is really silly and I know it.

In spite of my head spinning about packing, I am really excited though. There are so many things that I am excited about. Obviously, the treatment and the hope of getting better is the main one. I am also excited about getting to go through this with someone - especially my aunt. It would be a million times harder for me if I was going to go through this alone. I am not sure that I would be able to do it alone because I would be so far away from anyone I knew. I am excited about getting to spend the time with my aunt. When I am with her, I feel like an only child, I feel like there is no one else in the world except us. I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked as a kid so I see this as an opportunity the universe has given me to get that time with her. I am excited about being on my "own" for a month. I have never been away for very long. During that month I will get to explore a different place and become familiar with it. I find that interesting and a little scary.

I am still having a tough time figuring out what I am going to do for leisure. What I do know is that there are a few swimming pools I can get to where I can get some rehab and exercise and I intend to do that as much as possible. I do know that I am going to attempt to learn more advanced coding than the remedial HTML I learned 15 years ago. This excites me as it is a skill I can possibly use to my advantage for a job in the future. There are lots of free training programs online. Obviously I will be blogging every day or almost every day to write about what is happening. I know that I should go through my music library and cull all the crap I have on there. I have a lot of crap music. Maybe I could go to the amusement park with my aunt and pretend we have gone to Disneyland. Maybe I can go to Granville Island market one day and get some fresh stuff to make us a gourmet meal. There are lots of museums and art galleries that I could go to which would also be a hoot. I have a few people down there that I would like to try and see. So, I do not think that I will be as bored as I originally thought.

Comments