Fourth day of Treatment - Made it to full dose!

Today I let myself sleep in a little before starting the day seriously. I was dreading today a little but now that I have plan to help me cope better it wasn't as bad as the other days.

Got to treatment and talked to the lady who has her treatments before me. I will call her D. She is a pleasant 73 year old lady who has been a lot of fun to talk to and she has helped me get prepared for treatment. She is on her second week of treatment. She has been something I look forward to each day.

I had my treatment and started at 60% it hurt like a SOB. The tech and I were talking - mostly her talking. We talked about the theatre productions she has been in as a student at UBC and which ones she liked more than others. In 3 minutes, the treatment was over. I was relieved and happy to be at dose! I got the hell out of there as soon as I could so that I could grab a McDonalds cheeseburger that I was craving (I know, ewwww).

I have been enjoying the drive in and back from UBC. The car is not using any fuel getting back and forth which makes me feel GREAT. Gas in the greater Vancouver area is ridiculous. They charge one price during the day and a lower price at night which is strange. The traffic isn't bad at 11:00am. I have another week of commuting at this time and then the last two weeks of treatment are in the mornings which means that I will have to contend with rush hour traffic which isn't very appealing to me. I am enjoying the drive while I can.

Time to rest now and prepare for the end of week one. I have a cake to eat to celebrate.

Comments