Seventh day of Treatment - Jaw and crying

So today I had much the same experience as yesterday. I had a lot more muscle movement in my face - mainly my jaw moving with each "zap" and tears rolling down my face like crying but I wasn't crying, It is an odd feeling having two things happen to you that you have no control of, especially bodily things. The discomfort was about the same. My tech is so empathetic and compassionate. I feel very lucky. She is another reason why I have the strength to keep going every day.

I am not dwelling on the unpleasantness of the treatment each day. I think that if I did, I wouldn't be able to force myself to return each day. I am trying to just walk out of the building after my treatment and leave it there. SO far it is working.

I am enjoying my new digs. They are clean and comfortable and private. It is so nice and quiet here. My bed was super comfy and got a full night sleep last night - for the first time since being down here. It was wonderful. I regret not going this route from the beginning but it is what it is.

I spent the rest of the day doing a little shopping for my apartment, doing dishes, and finding a plug in for my electric Prius. I love that car so much that if something were to happen to my husband, the only way I would remarry is if I could marry my car LOL. It has been great, but even more awesome down here in the big city and on UBC campus.

I also found out that guests of UBC along with residents, students and faculty have the ability to access a shuttle service if you have a mobility issue. So now, after treatment, I can take the shuttle to the pool and not have to worry about parking etc. THIS IS SO AWESOME. Something to keep in mind if you are down here for treatment. This shuttle will take you everywhere on campus you need to go. You get 3 free rides a day. That is pretty darn awesome. For me, this will be a life saver as I can barely walk at the moment. I think that I over did it yesterday.

Comments