Two Months post rTMS

It has been about two months since finishing the rTMS. What has happened?

Since last posting, the feedback I received from friends and loved ones was that they noticed a difference in my mood. They also noticed a difference in my voice, confidence, comportment and overall presence. I thought that was interesting because I hadn't noticed that.

I have been able to slowly cut down my antidepressant medication by ⅔! YES! My goal is to hit 0 by the holidays. I have, however, noticed a gradual and slight decline since about mid September. The weather changed fast from Summer to fall with there being a lot of dark and rainy days. In addition, life has been less than easy during that time. I am not sure if it is a "normal" decline that even a healthy person might notice or if it is more indicative of major depression returning. I guess only time will tell. Obviously, if I notice it getting bad, I will go back on the meds and talk to Dr. Vila-Rodriguez about more treatment options.

Sadly Dr. Vila-Rodriguez does not conduct appointments via FaceTime/Skype or phone. This is most disappointing because it is ridiculous for me to make a 10+ hour return trip plus lodging, gas and food for a 15 minute follow-up appointment. I think that regular follow-up appointments after treatment would be most beneficial both for the clinician and the patient. I kind of feel like I got treatment and it is being left unchecked by a medical professional and I do not care for that much. Can't get his receptionist to bend his ear and make an exception given that I am so far away either. That is frustrating. "He doesn't do phone or video call appointments" that is the answer I keep getting. UGH. We need a clinic here in the interior so that people can get the treatment and the necessary follow up and medical/psychological monitoring that goes beyond what a GP can do in the span of a minute in her office.

Comments